Monday 21 January 2013

It's been one of those weeks

Happy Monday Folks!

Another Monday means it is the start of another week, and boy am I happy for a fresh start.  Last week I was out and about and got to venture to Newcastle and Leeds via the UK rail network.  As some of you may know the snow has hit with a vengeance and with it, it has brought the freezing cold and travel disruptions.

I always believe that the best train journeys are all about the snacks.  On Wednesday I hopped aboard the train that was to take me to Newcastle. As it was an afternoon departure I thought I would jump into Boots and grab a sandwich, or even a meal deal because I love a bargain.  I clambered aboard the train with my wheelie case in tow, found my reserved seat and began to settle in. 

I began by opening my Boots bag and fetching out my sandwich, well in this case, my wrap.  I had decided to purchase the Prawn and Lemon wrap from the Boots 'Shapers' range. I pulled the packaging out of the bag and I noticed that the bottom of the boxed packaging did not look too neat so I thought I would open the wrap from this end. BIG MISTAKE! The package was soaking and so was the wrap.  The wrap had become like a sticky dough.  It went straight into the bin, well after I took some snaps with my phone to email to Boots Customer Service. 

My next mishap was with Boots again.  The foundation I use is the Maybelline 24 hour superstay foundation. I am coming to the end of current bottle so I thought I would pick more up before I was caught short.  I popped into Boots and I was really excited to see that they had an offer on Maybelline products. If you purchased one Maybelline product, then the second Maybelline product is half price.  I have now ventured into four different Boots stores and I am unable to find the shade that I wear.  I have also checked online, however no luck.

I decided to try a new Maybelline foundation.  I noticed that Maybelline have brought out a new Fit Me range.  I had a look at the testers and I tried a few.  I decided to go with Fit Me 120.  Once I got home I tried the foundation on my face and I thought it looked a little lighter but I thought I would try it again when I have a source of natural light.  The foundation is a little 'yellow' for me, however in the store lighting the foundation was a good match.  Has store lighting ever caused this issue with anyone else?  I cannot be the only person who has wasted money on a foundation that is unsuitable?

If anyone comes across the Maybelline 24 hour superstay foundation in Sand, can you let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment