Saturday 14 December 2013

Check Your Bauballs

Christmas is just round the corner, and dare I say it, I've still not put up my Christmas tree, decorations or the obligatory Christmas lights in the window. To be honest I still can't wrap my head round where the last couple of months have disappeared to.  Usually I am really organised for Christmas and I have all my presents purchased and ready to wrap. however this year I am starting to run out of Christmas shopping days!

At this time of year thoughts always go out to absent family members and friends who cannot celebrate Christmas with us.  I am not trying to kill anyone's Christmas spirit or dampen the Holidays, its just a reminder that, although Christmas is the time for Family - some people don't have much family left.

I have recently discovered an amazing Charity that brings the message to light at Christmas in a rather cheeky, yet tasteful way.

 
 
'Check Your Bauballs' is a campaign from UK male cancer charity Orchard.  The campaign is designed to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of testicular cancer. A whole host of celebrities have endorsed the campaign by posing with their 'Bauball', including ex Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, Paul Weller and the Boys from TOWIE.
 
Orchard plays a leading role in fighting against male cancer through world class research.  It was set up in 1996 by testicular cancer patient Colin Osborne and the oncologist who saved his life.  Orchard exists to save men's lives, offer support and promote awareness of testicular, prostate and penile cancers.
 
More information about Orchard can be found on their website http://www.orchid-cancer.org.uk/
 
You can grab a 'Bauball' (£5 each) from selected House of Fraser stores or online at http://www.checkyourbauballs.com/  


No comments:

Post a Comment